New Alpha Shipping Date

ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
Greetings Pilots,

We are back from GDC and it was a blast. We got tons of very positive feedback about our Pre-Alpha from media, our friends at [email protected] and other industry partners alike. Still, the current build is a bit rough around the edges. In particular, the placeholder voice acting feels out of place compared to the quality of the visuals. We are fully aware of that and the reason why we had it in the Pre-Alpha was to demonstrate to potential distribution partners how missions and encounters with archetype characters of the story would work. Once we secure additional funding we can afford to do voice recording with better voice actors in UK or even the US – in Hamburg we have a fairly limited choice of native speakers who are not necessarily actors with a professional background.

We know you guys are eager to play test EVERSPACE as soon as possible, but before we give all our Alpha backers access to the Alpha version the game still needs a little bit of work. As you can tell from the gameplay videos on IGN and Gamespot I had a hard time hitting stuff. While I don’t want to defend my playing skills here, we do know that the gamepad controls still need to be tweaked a bit.

Also, since we allow all Alpha backers to post screenshots or even stream gameplay footage of the Alpha, we need to bring the hangar scene to a quality level that matches the rest of the game as it will be the hub for all runs in EVERSPACE.

Lastly, to get the best feedback from you we want to work a bit more on the balancing as this is very important in particular for a roguelike. Therefore, we have to postpone the Alpha shipping date to end of April and we hope for your understanding.

Cheers,
Michael

Comments

• TalynTalyn Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Waiting patiently, just not too patiently.
  • vlorgvlorg Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
    Appreciate the specifics for the delay. Looking forward to the alpha.
  • 4WD4WD Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

better voice actors in UK or even the US – in Hamburg we have a fairly limited choice of native speakers who are not necessarily actors with a professional background.

What's wrong with SecTOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR ? Made me laugh ;)

Later Alpha also means Alpha for nonWindows ? As in Linux ? :>

• Newguyy419Newguyy419 Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Love that you're taking care of the game! Take you're time, we'll still be here!
  • ScavarScavar Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Alas. Don't forget to make a Kickstarter post!
  • DarkMatterMattDarkMatterMatt Posts: 15Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Is it reasonable to assume that the Beta will be pushed back too? :disappointed:
  • The LumbererThe Lumberer Posts: 3Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    This game is going to be so good.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    4WD said:

Later Alpha also means Alpha for nonWindows ? As in Linux ? :>

I am afraid not. The first version for Linux and Mac is scheduled for Beta.

Is it reasonable to assume that the Beta will be pushed back too? :disappointed:

Not neccessarily. In certain areas we're ahead of schedule which could compensate for the current delay. We will know more after the first round of feedback from the Alpha backers.
  • kadeiszmankadeiszman Posts: 5Common Alpha Backer
    When is the specific release date of Alpha?
  • EternalCoreEternalCore Posts: 18Customer

When is the specific release date of Alpha?

Yea I'd like to get playing it!
  • acecomacecom Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    when starts the Alpha?
  • d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    So a month postponed? That's not too bad imo. Just wanted to make sure by checking on this forum. May is gonna be a busy month...
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    There isn't a specific date ... just "the end of April". So, likely the last week of April.
  • FullmentalFullmental Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Will you be holding any open auditions for voice acting, and would you consider working with those that have a decent home studio setup? I know a few locals and have done some community stuff myself, so long as you don't mind the American accent.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    It would great if you could use the guy from GOF2. Is he available? did he sign a non compete clause?

Will you be holding any open auditions for voice acting, and would you consider working with those that have a decent home studio setup? I know a few locals and have done some community stuff myself, so long as you don't mind the American accent.

Thanks for your offering. We would prefer to work with a proper recording studio and be there on site to give directions on the acting. We tried to do that remotely for another game once but just doesn't work.

fdiaz78 said:

It would great if you could use the guy from GOF2. Is he available? did he sign a non compete clause?

There is no non-compete. He was just not available at that time.
  • Gara baldieGara baldie Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Admin,
    In reference to the voice thing, you have a small community of British people living approx. one hundred km's south of Hamburg, me being one of them. I know you want professional actors to voice the main game but just a thought, back round radio chatter, military, medical, smuggler etc, nothing too distracting but for new planetary / system info, I know some have communications chat experience. Just a thought! smile:

• JairJair Posts: 31Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

Greetings Pilots,

We are back from GDC and it was a blast. We got tons of very positive feedback about our Pre-Alpha from media, our friends at [email protected] and other industry partners alike. Still, the current build is a bit rough around the edges. In particular, the placeholder voice acting feels out of place compared to the quality of the visuals. We are fully aware of that and the reason why we had it in the Pre-Alpha was to demonstrate to potential distribution partners how missions and encounters with archetype characters of the story would work. Once we secure additional funding we can afford to do voice recording with better voice actors in UK or even the US – in Hamburg we have a fairly limited choice of native speakers who are not necessarily actors with a professional background.

We know you guys are eager to play test EVERSPACE as soon as possible, but before we give all our Alpha backers access to the Alpha version the game still needs a little bit of work. As you can tell from the gameplay videos on IGN and Gamespot I had a hard time hitting stuff. While I don’t want to defend my playing skills here, we do know that the gamepad controls still need to be tweaked a bit.

Also, since we allow all Alpha backers to post screenshots or even stream gameplay footage of the Alpha, we need to bring the hangar scene to a quality level that matches the rest of the game as it will be the hub for all runs in EVERSPACE.

Lastly, to get the best feedback from you we want to work a bit more on the balancing as this is very important in particular for a roguelike. Therefore, we have to postpone the Alpha shipping date to end of April and we hope for your understanding.

Cheers,
    Michael

April nears.
  • RezRez Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    So we're approaching the end of April. Starting to get a little hyped again.
  • JonasJonas Posts: 7Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    This we or the next im hyped too :p
  • mattcardmattcard Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    How will we be informed when it's live?
    mattcard said:

How will we be informed when it's live?

• ES_2833ES_2833 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    So now that it is the last week of April, my anticipation is nearly unbearable! Though I expect we will be waiting till pre-sales end on Saturday to receive access.
    As I have never received an alpha before, I was hoping to get some more detailed information about this release. Primarily, how long will we be able to play the alpha? A week, a month, till beta? Sorry if this is a naïve question, but as stated I've never participated in Alpha before. I won't be able to play for a month after May 3, so I hope I'm not missing out on the experience of playing this game and helping out with feedback.
    Hi there, first off, thanks for supporting us! You will be able to play the alpha as long as you want to. We will update the build until it eventually becomes the beta. So you will have enough time to play the heck out of it ;) we will release more details very soon!
  • MiiCMiiC Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Good news guys!! Hope we will put our hands on this friday :)
    MiiC said:

Good news guys!! Hope we will put our hands on this friday :)

Eager to play.
  • CapLagCapLag Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Finally, i couldn`t wait any longer...
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    edited April 2016
    Monday left me broken, Tuesdays I was through with hoping, Wednesday my empty arms we're open, Thursdays waiting for this game.. Waiting for this game..

Thank the stars it's Friday, I'm playing like a wild kid on Saturday, I guess I won't be leaving my room on Sunday, I will be playing all night, playing all night..

Haha can't wait
This discussion has been closed.