never ending "continue" on startscreen

JokerJoker Posts: 8Member, Common Beta Backer
edited September 2016 in Bug Reports
before the last update (v0.1.3.28905) the game worked perfectly well, no problems but then while i was entering sector 7 the games jumps to the startscreen and when i try to press on continue, the game just fade out and the startscreen is back with a different picture, no matter what i do, like closing the game or restarting my computer i can't go futher than the startscreen anymore and there is no error showing up.

Please Help, thank you.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_MarcoROCKFISH_Marco Posts: 38Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Yes we're aware of that bug. As of now, the only way to fix it is to delete your "CurrentRunSave.sav" ( NOT the "CurrentPlayerSave.sav"!) in your local appdata folder ( C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames )

Sorry for the inconvenience, we're working on getting that fixed ASAP
  • JokerJoker Posts: 8Member, Common Beta Backer
    edited September 2016
    I deleted the file and nothing changed, it just creats a new file after starting the game.
    But thanks for the fsat reply.
    But were you able to start a new run again?
    edited September 2016
    no, i still cant go further than the startscreen and pressing continue over and over again. and everytime i end the game and look in the save folder there is a new CurrentRunSave.sav.
    Can you try and rename your CurrentPlayerSave.sav or move it somewhere else? This will reset your perk and blueprint progress. See if you can start the game again then. If that's the case, you probably won't be able to use your savegame until we fixed the issue so keep it backed up.
    edited September 2016
    what do you mean with rename?? i can copy and save it and then delet the old ones, but than i will lose all my game progress which would be verry sad
    For now this seems to be the only solution, sorry.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Another thing you could try: Backup your CurrentPlayerSave.sav, then delete it from the Savegame directory. Start a new game, skip the tutorial two times, exit to the menu, quit the game. You will have a new CurrentPlayerSave.sav and CurrentRunSave.sav in your Savegame folder. Now replace this CurrentPlayerSave.sav with your original CurrentPlayerSave.sav that you backed up earlier.
    edited September 2016
    after i iuninstalled the game and didnt accept vavle to change things on my computer, the game worked again and when i insert the CurrentPlayerSave.sav to the folder my account was back just the last run was gone, so i think the CurrentRunSave.sav was brocken.

thanks for helping
  • MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Posts: 53Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I found a way to fix it. First off, disable Steam Cloud by right clicking the game in Steam, clicking properties, then clicking the updates tab, then clicking the checkbox under "Steam Cloud".

Then you need to open C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames, move the "CurrentPlayerSave.sav" file to somewhere else, and delete the other file.

Now open the game and click "New Game", then pause the game and click "Skip tutorial". Now, once you're in a run, exit the game.

Now move the "CurrentPlayerSave.sav" file back to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames, replacing the old one.

Open the game again, click continue, then ram your ship into a wall until you die. You will now be on the hangar menu, with all your perks where they were before.

You lose all your credits by doing this, but it makes the game work.