graphic is "blinking"

BerndBernd Posts: 34Common Beta Backer, Customer
edited August 2016 in Bug Reports
Sometimes when entering a new star system the graphic is blinking - no better way to describe it - around the sun (or suns) or other illuminating objects. After a while it settles and then either the image is way to bright or the image has artifacts around the illuminating objects. I also noticed - during the blinking effect the frame rate is at rock bottom - around 5 to 10 frames per second. To see the blinking effect I attach a video made with fraps.

To me it looks like some trouble in the postprocessing routine.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Thanks. Did you play fullscreen? Do you have two monitors?
  • BerndBernd Posts: 34Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Fullscreen and yes I have two Monitors but playing only on one the other is for "regular" stuff
    edited August 2016
    I just did some testing - I physically removed the second monitor. Same behavior. It looks like at some point the post processing routine has problems with glares

System is a laptop - not the most powerful one, never test something on a high end machine - Windows 10 64 bit, intel i5, nvidia M620 GT and 16 MB RAM. On normal circumstances I have frame rates around 30 fps - sometimes drops to 20 but still playable except when it comes to those blinking effects.
    Some more testing - I downgraded to the Nvidia driver 368 since there were already other issues with the current 372 driver. Even with the downgraded driver this blinking is happening.