Crosshairs options

MichalMichal Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 4
Hi there,

maybe this looks as a small thing, but it is important. You work with your crosshairs all the time in space and it would be good to be able set it how it is best for each player. This settings should include color, shape, border width, size etc.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    Unfortunately, not every gamer knows color theory, game design or enough about aesthetics to optimize how the crosshairs should look. Giving players too much freedom with the UI can hinder the player significantly more than they know.

I think it's best to leave the crosshairs as they are; it conveys to the player where they're looking, how much energy is left and how much energy is passively being used. And let's not forget it distinguishes between which weapon you're utilizing as well, which is a great added feature.

If you could change just one component of the crosshairs for your own needs, what would you specifically modify? For myself, I'd like to see some type of Secondary Weapon display to have a better idea if I have my Shield-Breaker Missiles versus Heavy Missiles at the ready.