Challenges

Ed130 The VanguardEd130 The Vanguard Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 4
I've been having a whole heap of fun flying and occasionally running into things but I do have one bugbear, the challenges or one of them in particular.

Smash 50 spotlights in a single run.

I've had it since starting the game and its gotten a little silly, I now know nearly every single spawn point they can show up in (freighter engines, the jumpgate themselves to name a few places that are not structures) and have gone a little batty trying to get rid of it and get some new challenges to try.

Could there be a perk to be able to change one or more challenges each run? Another perk to get more per run would be fun as well.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    Since the number of challenges is limited it does not really make sense to offer a perk for them. If you can't do one challenge you can always work on the other two. Also, the floodlight challenge is not that hard ;-)
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    I think some of the Challenges are much more tedious than others, and the 50 floodlight Challenge is one of the most tedious in the game. It doesn't make the player feel satisfied for accomplishing it, but rather feels like they finally completed a chore to get it out of the way.

A majority of the Challenges bring an interesting sense of satisfaction when completed because of how they reveal more of the game to the player. For instance, I didn't even know you could shoot down missiles until I got the challenge to shoot down 20 in a single run; not only was it a satisfying Challenge, but I learned a new strategic component from the experience!

I'd also like to see more "play this way" Challenges, like that of the "Leave first area without any equipment, get to Sector 3." This becomes a true challenge to overcome, with the player taking great care in how they go about achieving it.

I also hope to see cyclic challenges (they show up occasionally more than once) so that there will always be a Challenge for the player to overcome, as well as interesting rewards for completion. $1,000 credits isn't much in this game.
  • daytonadaytona Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 46
    I'm "stuck" on 3 challenges that want 50 of something done and i've not gotten close; So i've stopped trying :P
    Lowering the count would be appreciated but I don't mind the challenges themselves.