Nanobot drop needs better balancing

BerndBernd Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 34
Not really a bug but I would suggest to balance the Nanobot drop better. In some runs you get basically with every kill nanobots and you can repair without end and still have the 20/20 nanobots. In other runs you dont get any nanobots. This should be better balanced.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    I have spent a majority of my runs capped at 20/20 Nanobots, but I do not think they appear too few or too many. Rather, I think they appear at a great pace when putting yourself at risk to find them.

However, flexibility of Nanobots could be improved upon.

Device Suggestions
    • Passive device that increases Nanobot capacity by +10 (+15 for Mk II, +20 for Mk III). Energy Allocation would be about 12 (18 for Mk II, 24 for Mk III).
    • Passive device that increases Nanobot repair rate by 50% (75% for Mk II, 100% for Mk III), but reduces Nanobot efficiency by 20%. (Energy Allocation 14, 18, 22 for each respective Mk.)
    • Passive device that scoops up extra Nanobots as +1 Scrap, +1 Gel, +1 Compound, +1 Power Cell and +1 Processor. Energy Allocation around 20.
    Secondary Suggestion
    • Missile projectile that requires 1 Nanobot (and additional resources) to construct: bypasses Shields and quickly deconstructs the Hull (similar to the Corrosion Missile) at a very fast rate.
    Hoping to see more flexibility in using Nanobots.