Crashed During startup

So yesterday, for some reason Everspace was able to download (unannounced) on OSX for me. I was, Super excited. It downloaded, started up fine, I played for an hour then went to bed. The next day I get up, open Everspace and the entire computer freezes. Couldent force quit or anything just 100% frozen. I had to shut it down and reboot to get it going again. I have tried uninstalling, and opening the game from different windows. All of this had the same result, just frozen. I don't have any idea why it won't start up, it was fine a day ago. Any information would be great!

Thank you!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Hi, sounds bad, sorry about that! First time we're hearing this, could you please post your specs, especially your OSX version? Since a reinstall did not work, it might have to do something with your save games. You should deleting (or better yet, renaming) them and try re-launching the game after. You can find them at Library -> Application Support -> Epic -> RSG -> Saved -> SaveGames. To find the library folder, hold down the option key and select Library from the Go menu in Finder.

Please let me know, if this helped!
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Space Cat Posts: 72
    Specs:
    Display - Retina 5K display 5120-2880 resolution

Processor - 4.2GHz i7

Memory - 16 GB

Storage - 3TB flash storage

Graphics card - AMD Radeon R9 M395X

OS X El Capitan currently

Unfortunately deleting the files did not fix the problem.
    Renaming the files also didn't work

Any more suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks for the help!