Places you want to see inside the game

2»

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited May 2016
    It would be pretty remarkable to witness two massive capital ships battling it out a short distance away, both massively crippled and within close proximity to one another. Neither ship could jump away; they both float helplessly in space, surrounded by debris and lootables.

The player could either attempt to dive into the action and evade the remaining weaponry to scavenge the nearly-concluded conflict, or stay their distance collecting the little scrap on the outskirts of battle.
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    that would be too awesome
  • WiloWilo Posts: 5Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    What about wormhole exploration where we can find unkown alien technology to improve our ship (with epic fights/environements obviously)?

And what if we could fail warps if we don't have sufficient fuel?
    I mean, we could warp with 0 fuel, but with 50% fail chance, then if the warp fail, we'll be lost in unkown system with no other choice than find fuel.

Sorry for my poor english :(

edited May 2016
    Wilo said:

And what if we could fail warps if we don't have sufficient fuel?
    I mean, we could warp with 0 fuel, but with 50% fail chance, then if the warp fail, we'll be lost in unkown system with no other choice than find fuel.

This doesn't sound too bad. I think "failed warps" could throw the player into a more difficult area and deplete what is left of their fuel, putting them into a unique bind that only happens half the time. This way, the player may choose to take a risk with the warp. If it failed, they're forced to scavenge quickly, lest they succumb to the advancing fleets.

// Edited to make my wording make a bit more sense. //
  • extailsextails Posts: 56Common Beta Backer
    I hope we can go to the planet. Almost like no man's sky but more shooting then just adventuring.
  • WeatherManWeatherMan Posts: 53Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited August 2016
    How bout' adding more background planet types/or deep space, each background I've visited so far always gives each sector a distinct mood which is great.

The deep space would do the opposite of the current nebulae that Impair sensors, instead creating extremely low light conditions where you can barely see enemies and everybody is using floodlights.

You could even give the AI an added thing where they turn the floodlights off when they notice you to try and mess you up that way.

Some huge unstable asteroids with long winding paths/chambers 3-4 times the size of the current large ones would also be a good addition. I'd really like to see how combat would work inside the confined obstacle course of an asteroid interior, where shooting up the walls could cause damaging debris to go everywhere (not destructible asteroids this size, by the way. That would be way too hard to process on any system but this one could have sealed destructible rock 'doors' that require you to blast em' open).

Some huge unstable asteroids with long winding paths/chambers 3-4 times the size of the current large ones would also be a good addition.

Sounds a little like Descent. I approve!
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    Huge asteroids sound great! It's super fun to zip around in the scout or even interceptor dodging baddies and just having a fun time with it. Large(er) asteroids would be the perfect opportunity for some more fun.
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Posts: 18Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    edited January 2017
    maybe you could create a map with a half destroyed Dyson Sphere / Dyson Ring in which the player operates on the inside like as he would on a planet ... something like that would be kinda awesome....

and alittle while ago i proposed a sector with a Neutron star who is sending out massive radiaton waves which forces the player to seek shelter (i know somethin similar is in Sector 7 but ... you know in space there are different rules ... even the places in which the player cand hide can be destroyed over time by those aweful radiaton waves... ... im lost i can do this all day long .. but you know :P
  • JiseiJisei Posts: 10Member
    A solar eclipse would be nice, to be in orbit on the dark side of some alien moon; a giant ring of light in an otherwise dark area of space, slowly moving protuberances along the edges..

To be in orbit of a colorful gas giant, really close to it, so it would cover half of the view, on the verge of being swallowed into the depths of it's turbulent storms by intense gravitational pull..

A planet with shimmering auroras. Can't recall seeing them in any space game. Sure they're only seen on the night side of the planet.

An area where the gate has been hijacked by pirates. It is inoperable until you either destroy their base or a heavily supported chief to get the access key to the gate.

A very long "corridor" obstacle area, the one with the gate to the next sector, where you'd have to almost boost all the time to make it to the gate until the gunships arrive, barely having any time to collect any loot along the way. You'd have to avoid being shot by turrets, quickly find your way through the maze of some big asteroids, minefields and empty shells of destroyed ships, finally fight some enemies when you exit the "corridor" at the gate. I understand this sounds like almost all of the game elements compressed into one area, but wouldn't it be nice to encounter such obstacle runs once in say 20 runs? Or this could be a separate challenge, just to test out your skill or set a new record.

• doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Posts: 21Member
    Simply put....more variation!
    The idea of a giant derelict or indeed, working space station, where pretty much the whole level is just that, adding close quarters battles rather than open space fights.

Is there much new content planned for release (other than obviously the storyline) Any actual physical new content (if you are able to say?)

New weapons is certainly something I'd like to see, new perks, new ....well, more of everything tbh .... I kinda wish, in a way, I'd not played this game to death and waited for the final game, I feel like I've seen pretty much all there is to see in its current form.

I kinda wish, in a way, I'd not played this game to death and waited for the final game, I feel like I've seen pretty much all there is to see in its current form.

This is why I'm planning on wiping my data at release; the experience is going to be quite different than how I originally built it up due to all the subtle differences and additions. :smiley:
  • NesefaceNeseface Posts: 27Member
    I'm sure some of you played Fallout 1 and 2... Out in the wasteland were very rare random occurances you ran across, events and stages that were occasionally goofy, interesting, or even scary.
    From things like the TARDIS vanishing, to a pseudo star trek reference and the guardian of forever, or a crashed alien saucer with a painting of elvis and an alien pistol. Fallout was the king of easter eggs.
    I have to agree with others about the smaller bits and pieces. Small details matter far more than the large details, hollow asteroids are fine and dandy, but finding a reason for that loot capsule in the form of a crashed escape pod with body inside... chilling.
  • doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Posts: 21Member

I kinda wish, in a way, I'd not played this game to death and waited for the final game, I feel like I've seen pretty much all there is to see in its current form.

This is why I'm planning on wiping my data at release; the experience is going to be quite different than how I originally built it up due to all the subtle differences and additions. :smiley:
    You know what, I may just actually do that!
    I'll be honest, I get bored of games quickly! I hardly ever finish a game, but this has hooked me so much, I think I'd actually be willing to start over (now that's a first for me for sure!)
    I am seriously gutted that I'm away for two weeks on holiday from the 19th (and not any old holiday, two weeks in Japan!!).... a big part of me wants to stay here just so I can play on release date hahaha! I hope they'll be a lot of veterans on twitch streaming so I can partially get my 'fix' :)
  • NesefaceNeseface Posts: 27Member
    Random thought... Blackholes being enterable sometimes. But you never know when. Would be interesting, accidentally fall into a blackhole and end up spit out a whitehole a few sectors away after experiencing some trippy tunnel action like out of 2001 a space odyssey.
  • JiseiJisei Posts: 10Member
    Jisei said:

To be in orbit of a colorful gas giant, really close to it, so it would cover half of the view, on the verge of being swallowed into the depths of it's turbulent storms by intense gravitational pull..

I've been in such a place in yesterday's run, and it was awesome
    I don't know if you heard me, or it was there all along, just a very rare occurrence - in any case thank you, Rockfish Games for such a beautiful and addictive game!