Places you want to see inside the game

3L733L73 Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
What kind of places you want to see inside the game?

Hopefully some ideas find the way into the game :)

@RocketFish
If you think there is no use of this thread, please delete it.

Comments

• 3L733L73 Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    What came into my mind when reading the topic about Ship and ancient weapons was a very old destroyed space station.

One that contains a habitat with a greate broken sphere made of transparent steel.

You can flight inside and see old destroyed frozen trees, a kind of park and routes up to the top of the sphere.

This place could be used to hide from enemies.

I think this kind of space station could create a very deep atmosphere inside the game.
  • d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    I don't really have an example. But what I would really like to "feel" in a game is a place that feels abandoned, a feeling of dread, something very bad happened there. I also think that fits well in a space game. And when you explore you get to know more about what happened to that place.
    Another thing came into my mind.

May be some asteroid once have been planets. So why not show ancient destroyed buildings on top of them?
  • The Last DestroyerThe Last Destroyer Posts: 1Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    How about some references to current space tech? A dilapidated ISS, handful of space shuttles and some Soyuz craft?
    Did you mean as space debris passing by or as NPC?

The ISS would be cool if you can fly close to it and have a look.

According to your idea:
    What would be fun if the Sputnik satellite is passing by and you hear some pings from it.
  • nicholas.de.gnicholas.de.g Posts: 5Customer
    It may be a little complex but to have an area with a black hole that will influence the gravity charcteristics of space and maybe time during a chrono mission.

Let me explain, if you get close to the black hole, the gravity will increase greatly, so you can do some gravity boost to have an asset on your ennemy. However, since time will be "slowed" near the black hole, ennemy farther will see you like in a bullet time mode.

This way, the asset is compensated.
  • WeatherstationWeatherstation Posts: 42Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro

It may be a little complex but to have an area with a black hole that will influence the gravity charcteristics of space and maybe time during a chrono mission.

Let me explain, if you get close to the black hole, the gravity will increase greatly, so you can do some gravity boost to have an asset on your ennemy. However, since time will be "slowed" near the black hole, ennemy farther will see you like in a bullet time mode.

This way, the asset is compensated.

I think to get such a effect the distance between the player and the enemy must be really far (the gravity of black holes has a massive range)... Or the black hole / singularity must be pretty small ...
  • I just want to see sandbox
  • Little NemoLittle Nemo Posts: 8Space Dog
  • JazehiahJazehiah Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I think it would be cool if players could create space stations for other players to raid once they get bored of the main story line. You could incorporate the technology you pick up with each run into it.
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    edited March 2016
    Remember that this will be a single-player game. No co-op or multi-player (or even modding tools) are currently announced or in the works. It would be pretty difficult to add something to someone else's game without that.
  • b1tt3rmanb1tt3rman Posts: 14Member
    exit warp into a star, it will kill you but id like the option and I would like to travel in saturn's ring or fly through a gas giant
  • CasperCasper Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Asteroids you can land on would be pretty awesome, maybe a space worm could hide in one :P
  • SaloriusSalorius Posts: 32Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space God
    I like to see a LAB77 Area, where ALL weapons of the game can be tested free of charge. In example, you sit in a bunker with this specific chosen weapon, and, like space invaders, you got wave after wave of enemy ships to be blasted of the sky.
    This will give all players the look and feel of all the weapons, and gives them an extra motivation to go for some blueprints they otherwise might have missed out ....
  • Gara baldieGara baldie Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Salorius said:

I like to see a LAB77 Area, where ALL weapons of the game can be tested free of charge. In example, you sit in a bunker with this specific chosen weapon, and, like space invaders, you got wave after wave of enemy ships to be blasted of the sky.
    This will give all players the look and feel of all the weapons, and gives them an extra motivation to go for some blueprints they otherwise might have missed out ....

To take this a step further possibly an experimental site with drones to compare weapons to personal fighting styles. some people prefer rapid fire weapons, others high power pulse lasers etc.
  • eCookieeCookie Posts: 2Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Giant fleets
  • ES_6161ES_6161 Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I like to see very giant space station with traffic
  • ES_6814ES_6814 Posts: 1Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Artificial planets under construction a la Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    It seems a lot of individuals want to see massive-scale creatures or vessels. While these are great recommendations for background and uninteractables, I'd love to take great pleasure in finding the tiny nuances and hidden details.

I'd really like to come across an asteroid field and find the single lone vessel crashed into the side of an ore deposit, only to find out it the poor soul had a fuel breach before jumping into the system. I'd like to pick up a distress beacon far outside of where it should be, only to find (and rescue) a civilian vessel minutes from death.

Graphically, it would be brilliant to see the interior lights of a space station flicker and fail upon hitting a vital system from the outside.

Since this game will have a lot of replayability, I hope that there will be many, many small occurrences that are so rare you'll only come across them once per playthrough, if you're lucky.
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    When I think of "amazing space games" the first thing that comes to mind is one of my favorite games (and hopefully yours) is Super metroid. Listening to the ambient soundtracks released, It reminded me of that. In Everspace it may be interesting to see some influence from it, and to my knowledge of the universe I see paralleles (maybe not intentionally but I like them) such as ancient temples in space, older deceased races, SPACE PIRATES (always cool) I take it as a good sign when a game can remind me of another one I enjoy so much.

Always save the animals!

What I would like, even it's more an Easter egg:
    Seeing pacman eating asteroids :-D

And if you using Steam you get the "was that pacman?" achievement.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    @SteamBrains I'm not sure I think of Super Metroid when I think of SPACE games considering Samus primarily interacts on the surface of planets, but I do enjoy the dark theming the Metroid franchise captures so well.

I think Everspace will have a nice mix of arcade excitement, rare exploration and maybe a bit some frightening discoveries (like Metroid).
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    @Giraffasaur nice way to say it. the intro in super metroid in particular is a bit more spacey, but yeah sounds awesome!
  • HarcosHarcos Posts: 10Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    The ice feild and the nebula like in Titan AE

• TanariousTanarious Posts: 7Common Alpha Backer
    A space version of a bar fight. A space truck stop of sorts with tons of traffic. Do you come in slow and stealthy, cocky? You mission is to re-load on resources. BUT there is a misunderstanding. Fight breaks out and ships start blowing up. With every ship going down, your chance at re-loading on resources goes down. Do you stop the fight? Do you grab what you can and run?

I'm not sure how that translates exactly to space - but it could be epic. :)
  • Little NemoLittle Nemo Posts: 8Space Dog
    +1 for the crystal/ice fields of Titan AE
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    I wanted to find some kid's giant Mama, but I thought meh, I'd fly into a Black hole :D
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Posts: 18Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    a Binäry Star System would be funny := or an area with a Pulsar which forces everyone to move very carefully ^^ i.imgur.com/y924qCS.gif
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    A world torn asunder and missing a massive chunk; The crater going into the very outer core; With a cracked web of fractures stretching outwards from the rim, Its moon(s?) shattered, The only thing remaining of them being a few large chunks and a small "asteroid" field; Slowly coalescing back into each other.
    But most terrifyingly, signs that not only was this event recent, But that something intentionally destroyed it;
    It was neither a natural or chance occurrence.
    And in the orbit of this world drifts hundreds of wrecks and derelicts, Torn asunder; twisted and warped; Stretched and crushed, From enormous capital ships to small fighters. And not a single surviving being.
    There would be no pirates, No scavengers or opportunists. It'd just be you, "Alone" among the unsettling quiet.
    And sometimes, In the corner of your eyes, You can almost make out a glimpse of something silver moving; Like it's breaching the surface of a ocean and submerging just before you can see it. Something BIG.
    All the while you remain you get the feeling that something is watching you; Judging your every action.
    Trailing after you as if to make sure you NEVER tell anyone of what you've seen.