Ally request

TroglodyteTroglodyte Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 12
I think it would be interesting to be able to bribe or pay off Outcasts to fight alongside you, or leave you alone for a while.

Which makes me curious... why do the Aliens and Terrans not fight? Is there some back-story that I'm missing?

Or, it seems that there is another faction, the mining faction. Wouldn't they want to buy some of your excess Ore, Gas, etc? Seems a waste to kill the Foe with 500+ Ore...

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    I've never seen the Aliens and Terrans not fight, myself. Sure we're playing the same game? :joy:

Not sure I like the idea of losing valuable monies earned in a run to swap the allegiance of an enemy. though.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    We may add some more faction-related changes in the future but so far it's like this: Outlaws attacking everyone, Aliens attacking Outlaws and you, Terrans (Mining Corp) attacking Outlaws. This will all be explained once we start putting the story into the game.
  • TroglodyteTroglodyte Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 12

I've never seen the Aliens and Terrans not fight, myself. Sure we're playing the same game? :joy:

Not sure I like the idea of losing valuable monies earned in a run to swap the allegiance of an enemy. though.

I'll try to get screenshots, but I've had aliens running around all over Terran and nobody firing a shot, even when I prod them into destroying each other. They don't aggro. Example: I had an alien gunship shooting at me and I used his firing to destroy all the mining corp fuel tanks because I was low. Elite Terrans and turrets never once turned on the gunship.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110

Example: I had an alien gunship shooting at me and I used his firing to destroy all the mining corp fuel tanks because I was low. Elite Terrans and turrets never once turned on the gunship.

Dang, that was great thinking and should be a viable strategy. Hopefully aggro of this nature makes it into the game!
  • TroglodyteTroglodyte Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 12
    ***UPDATE***

This is not always the case (aliens and Terrans not aggro-ing). This last playthrough I DID get the Terrans and aliens to aggro each other. The gunship didn't work again, but an alien drone took out a fuel pod for me and then the big melee fun started in earnest. Terrans, aliens, outlaws, and myself in a big 4-way fight. LOOT EVERYWHERE!!! Upgraded everything to max, Made about $15k.... Got uppity next map and sucked into a black hole... :blush::neutral:

Wish I had my video recording working for it. For a Sector 3 fight it was awfully big.... and LOTS of fun.