Kickstarter Tier In-Game Additions Question

AshezthAshezth Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
Are we waiting for emails for rewards that dipped into adding content to the game? Or has that been discussed in a topic I missed?
Specifically Space Op tier and above of "Add a name to the player character database in-game"
Are there limits to the name? Special characters (@, $, Ä, Ü), length, language (和美, かずみ), etc?

Comments

• RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 67
    edited February 2016
    Yes, we are waiting. And the wait will likely be a long one -- I don't think it'll come before Beta in July.

I'm guessing they are still working on a timeline, which is why you don't have an official answer yet.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
    Good guess! First, we have to bring all the core game pieces together and make them work nicely. After that we will reach out to all creative backers to helps us design the lore. So we are talking early summer to have everything in place for the Beta or shortly after.
  • AshezthAshezth Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
    Smells good, thanks boss. <3
  • Therian12Therian12 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 27
    I was always curious as to what the in game name database is exactly. meh didnt do Optimizr for that its just a neat bonus.
  • AkiranBladeAkiranBlade Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 7
    So we'll get some kind of request for the name in due course?
  • ES_2630ES_2630 Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    I've gotten the email saying we need to purchase Alpha access soon. As Kickstarter backers, we already have that, correct?

EDIT: Saw my Kickstarter Beta badge. Just purchased the Beta to Alpha upgrade.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Therian12 said:

I was always curious as to what the in game name database is exactly. meh didnt do Optimizr for that its just a neat bonus.

The in-game name database is, for all intents and purposes, a spreadsheet with a bunch of names. The game populates the various inhabitants of the universe using this database.

I agree with you in regards to the fact that it is a neat bonus. Pretty basic, but fun nonetheless.