Update Feedback / Idea

Spaceman / PixelflareSpaceman / Pixelflare Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 3
Hey guys!

Top notch work on the game so far, I love it so much. The new update gave it a nice bit of polish but however a couple of things I found to be an issue. Basically, the new lock on reticle makes it very difficult to see the aim assist reticle while locked on, in addition, the screen shake on top of that makes it a bit mentally overloading while in combat... As we're flying in all kinds of directions, dodging missles ect and now it's difficult to see when trying to kill an enemy!

I feel the circular aim assist reticle was better than the newer one too, i think that paired with a less opaque lock on element would be way better!

I had a crack at designing and animating one myself using inspiration from both your current and previous one, let me know what you think!

Comments

• WeatherManWeatherMan Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 53
    edited August 2016
    That looks much nicer (no offence to the current version), especially with the animations and sounds thrown in. You would also need a green coloured lock-on as well for friendly ships.

The red reticle looks a bit too opaque against the blue of the background but overall I would love to see this as an option in game, good job on the sound effects as well.

That's just my two cents but hopefully if any of the developers look at this they'll see that you have some support from other people as well.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    Yes, we also noticed that the aiming reticule is a bit harder to see now. We will definitely change things there.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Great work @Spaceman / Pixelflare

I do hope the targeting reticle doesn't take up that much of the HUD, though.