rare phenomena/zones/hidden stuff?

SHWARTSSHWARTS Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 12
Anyone here ever play STAR SONATA? Its a cool 2D f2p mmorpg. It has some very interesting sectors that might be inspiring ;)

I noticed a black hole in a video. I assume there are lethal gravity wells?

Will there be other rare spacial anomolies that will be tempting to explore despite being obviously dangerous or have no other choice for means of escape?

I dont know the size of the sectors but i assume stars will be background, and not in the fly space?
Will they be very large?
Heres a few ideas i have off the top of my head:

Asteroid storm
Electrical nebula
Supernova
Black hole eating a star / quasars
Pulsars/brown dwarf/ultramassives
Solar systems
Duh, wormholes.
Etc etc

Comments

• SHWARTSSHWARTS Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 12
    Ooh, or neutral life forms? Space whales!
  • TensETensE Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 25
    Would be pretty awesome for something like giant creatures that live in nebulas. Space whales or squids or something big and awesome looking to fly around.
  • CataclysticCataclystic Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 4
    "space whales" - I just got some futurama episode flash backs.
  • WoonaWoona Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 22
    Lol I was thinking about Doctor Who space whale flashbacks :P Oh Matt Smith, how we miss you...
  • SaloriusSalorius Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space God Posts: 32
    intelligent nebulas
  • Gara baldieGara baldie Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 3
    I don't know what the legal aspects would be but rare sightings of ships from other scifi area's, BSG, Star Destroyers etc, not just active ships but wrecks and hulks in certain systems?
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Space Cat Posts: 72
    What about that space worm that lived in that asteroid in Star Wars? Something like that would be AWESOME.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    I think something as simple as Spaceslugs could be an interesting twist. At first, they seem uninteresting and harmless, but they populate quickly and start chewing on the power cords of your ship! Have to get your ship scrubbed or scrapped to get rid of them, or have some kind of immediate counter to protect them (slug repellant lol?).

A hidden trading route could be purchasing Tribbles (Star Trek, though used in a Palm Pilot game called Space Trader) that serve as a potential cash cow, but only if certain criteria are met, and grow in price the further the player can make it with them.

The Zerg Leviathan (Starcraft) would be a terrifying thing to come across in the galaxy as well, even if it were dormant or just a backdrop.
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 18
    just a sneaky Borg Armada moving around :P fighting against Stargate Replicators would be interesting which one willl survive
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    I really hope they include Descent-like portions in the game, where you can bust into a space station and navigate the innards by flying through it.
  • ES_1260ES_1260 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 5
    Well guys, I have found a lifeform that will probably be further implemented in beta, and it is... Space bubbles. That's right Carbon space bubbles

• WiloWilo Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5
    They are deadly! Don't shoot them.

I also encountered an alien war ship, he vaporized me :neutral:
  • ES_1260ES_1260 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    I have not shot them, they were just following me around, fying through me. It was quite fun
  • QiziQizi Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 4
    I found a black hole. It was right next to me landing zone when entering a new sector. In the background was a moon being torn apart, and a planet that very clearly had intelligent life on it. I would have witnessed some planet's apocalypse had I not been immediately surrounded by interceptors and promptly atomized.

I will never find that overkill sub routine again..
  • DarkDrakeDrakusDarkDrakeDrakus Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
    I've found bandit bases in huge asteroids and a black hole still have yet to find more exciting things.
  • xKostyanxKostyan Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 13
    I found one sector that was fully covered in lightning storm, was getting shocked by it every once in awhile. looked really cool :)
  • KnopyKnopy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 27
    edited May 2016
    those things will get you killed, exept you have a hull enhancer mod installed. then you will survive with like 5% health if you managhe to have full health beforhand. they drop a nice amount of nano repair things
  • Dir7yPawsDir7yPaws Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 34
    ES_1260 said:

Well guys, I have found a lifeform that will probably be further implemented in beta, and it is... Space bubbles. That's right Carbon space bubbles

That is a living colony of Nanobots, generally harmless unless you provoke them.
  • ES_5118ES_5118 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 9
    I've run into a black hole. Honestly it only killed me because I wanted to see what it would do if I touched it. They aren't very strong and are easy to escape from. A bit too easy in my opinion