Increased pick up radius

AmonAmon Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in Suggestions (read only)
The range for picking up items is way too small. I'm wasting way too much time flying after items. It's a hassle and a timesink without adding any gameplay value. And no, increased range devices don't solve the problem. They take up a valuable slot for fixing a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

v0.1.1.28051

Comments

• olgiwolgibolgiolgiwolgibolgi Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 19
    Yeah, beam distance should be 200m by default, and upgrade devices could increase up to 400m. Otherwise it's a mess, escpecially in the junk yard maps with dozens of floating crates.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110

...it's a mess, especially in the junk yard maps with dozens of floating crates.

In actuality, I think it makes the most sense to have trouble looting what you're looking for in junkyard maps. After all, the player needs to sift through the junk to find the valuables...but I digress.

That said, I have a suggestion to balance this issue
    The passive tractor beam device could be turned into a timed-consumable (like the boost or the cloaking) so every 30 seconds or so it sucks in everything at a much greater range (like 800m) WHILE ALSO providing a slight passive boost (like what it is currently in the Beta). This would make the device far more viable and more likely to be utilized by players instead of quickly cast aside.
  • ZeyangZeyang Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 3
    Agree. Default pickup radius should be like 200m(now trackor 1 level). It's a nuisance to try picking up an item, only going past it, and then turn around and try again. Plus when you are in close proximity to an item, that direction indicator around the edge of the screen jumps around and becomes useless.
  • Jamie_WCEJamie_WCE Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 9
    Personally, I disagree, as @Giraffasaur mentioned, it's all about time management and deciding whether it's worth your time picking up everything or only the good stuff. Also I wouldn't want the game to get too easy and I'm pretty sure Rockfish don't either, that could be why there's not more range.