sensor disruption compass

ES_9561ES_9561 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 34
One thing I have had an issue with is trying to see the signal disruption numbers changing values. They are a dark red on a generally black background. Why not provide something that gives some form of indicator on the display or an in game minimap. I have died multiple times due to not being able to see the numbers or have a general idea as to where the comm towers are located. If a sensor probe is used, at least those locations should be identified.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    I think there have been complaints across the board in regards to the legibility of hud information, especially the radar while looking into stars or other bright, reflective objects.

I'd like to see contrasting contour lines to increase visibility of this information.

In regards to the Sensor Disruption locations, I think a strong element that works in the game functions through EXPLORING the area to find them. The Hot-cold technique used with the % is a nice touch; but it needs to be more apparent since it locks the player from exiting the area.

Honestly, if the player is locked from jumping, there need to be warning lights flashing all over the hud indicating priority of objectives.
  • daytonadaytona Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 46
    It would be great having a more visible idea of what direction to take. However, you do learn which structures tend to hold the hacking device or a super-bright blue light can be seen if in clear sight (probably not clear with the clouds anyways).