Running a Gauntlet

daytonadaytona Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 45
For a little variety, have there been any thoughts on having specific systems with a gauntlet: a challenge aimed at speed and flight control. Easiest way to explain is the trench scene in Starwars, going through the deathstar.
Gauntlets can provide a risk & reward along with some fast paced action. There can be opportunities to have rewards mid-way to heighten risk or escape routes if the player feels they won't make it it. I love the feel of the ships movement (plus i enjoy the first person view) and would love to put it into action.

A whole system almost swallowed by a colossal black hole but a hollow ship wreak cargo hold might hole something precious - fly in an out before it is taken by the black hole.

An unstable asteroid belt with a mixture of drifting rocks and fast moving rocks, looking to crush or bulldoze pilots looking to get through.

An Ice comet is cutting its own path through a hazardous nebula - follow closely behind it to avoid the nebula but beware the trail of rocks the comet leaves behind.

A abandoned space station still has a pristine powercore at its center. However, removing the core will cause the station to become unstable and meltdown - can you remember the way out and fly fast enough.

Is this something Everspace pilots would enjoy too?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 569
    Sounds great!
  • MaheekrMaheekr Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 26
    edited August 2016
    I must say that I was nicely impressed with the already implemented hazardous scenes, didnt know the game could do that. But this sounds awesome. The ice comet, the asteroid belt, and navigating tight corners.... sounds awesome. I can imagine there being lots of very cool scenes possible..!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,102
    edited August 2016
    Every one of these recommendations filled me with wonder. I would be incredibly excited to face any of these unique challenges.

Great recommendations, @daytona !
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 37
    Something like that would make an awesome finale! Fly inside a deathstar-like structure and destroy its core, or a highspeed chase through a dense asteroid field! Good ideas!