Can Not Launch Game

seayker@tiac.net[email protected] Posts: 4Common Beta Backer, Customer
Good Day,

I have just spent the last few hours going around in circles trying to get this game to launch.
When I launched the game for the first time via Steam; the typical first time game launch window popped up stating that the needed Runtime C++ drivers setup was being installed and then nothing.
I then tried restarting my computer and re-launching Steam with no change. Launching the game does nothing.

I searched and found that someone else had found a similar issue in April with no solution:

"https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/241/game-fails-to-start-from-steam"

I have tried everything that is mentioned in that thread with no luck.
Further research shows that this is not the only game that's apparent use of "Visual C++ 2015" ;causes problems:

"https://steamcommunity.com/app/313630/discussions/1/412447613578071879/"

I have spent more time than I care to have trying to get this game to run. I would love some help.
I also need to note that I do not install all Microsoft suggested updates (as was suggested in the other thread), nor do I feel the need to, just to play a game.
I have been installing and running many games for many years without the need to be "up-to-date" in Microsoft's eyes.
I am not angry...I just want to play what looks like a fabulous game!

System Specs:
Window 7 SP1 64bit
2600K @4.4
16GB DDR3
GTX 1080

Kevin

Comments

• seayker@tiac.net[email protected]ac.net Posts: 4Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited August 2016
    ...this is the problem specific thread that was created from the original thread that I quoted:

"https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/441/api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing"

Also, while troubleshooting my issue, I had a similar error displayed

RSG-Win64-Shipping.EXE System Error

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try
    reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

Kevin
  • seayker@tiac.net[email protected] Posts: 4Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Would an administrator please move this thread to the "Technical" forum?
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    edited August 2016

I do not install all Microsoft suggested updates (as was suggested in the other thread), nor do I feel the need to, just to play a game.

Hi Kevin,
    From what you are describing it is highly likely that some dependency necessary for EVERSPACE is missing in your Windows installation. I do understand this attitude towards the masses of Windows updates. As mentioned further on in the thread you're referencing, you indeed do not need to install all of them, but please make sure you install ALL related to C++ , VC and .NET (also have a look at the "Restore hidden updates" category). Even some of them might not be necessary and some others not related to these three categories might, but if you like to identify these, you are on your own. Please understand that we have not developed the Unreal Engine, we're just "using" it, so we don't have an exact overview about all Windows dependencies of all Windows version.

Greetings
    Sven