Alpha/Beta Media - Please Read

ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Posts: 92Moderator
edited May 2017 in COMMUNITY
Dear Pilots,

I am pleased to inform you that there will be no restriction on the sharing of media related to the alpha or beta.

In short, what this means is:

- you can share screenshots

- you can stream

- you can upload videos to YouTube (even monetised videos)

We're all thrilled at how excited you guys are about the game, so it makes sense that you want to share that excitement with everyone else!

Have fun :)

Snoop

Comments

• Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Posts: 73Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    sweet thanks for that means a huge amount to so many people. Just another reason you guys rock as Developers. I'm super psyched for this game, now you just need to let me change my pledge to give you more money. hehe such a hardship finding a way to accept more money hehe
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    That's awesome to hear :smile: Its sad how many developers disregard the influence of word of mouth as well the irritation it causes fans when they viciously 'protect' their copyrights (I'm looking at you Nintendo and Disney). Thanks for being so considerate and open, it means a lot to all the fans ^_^
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Posts: 54Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Wonderful news, thanks RockFish!
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Great news to hear!
  • d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Ah very nice to hear indeed!
  • WeatherstationWeatherstation Posts: 42Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Nice, ready to stream the alpha 24/7 ^^
  • CasperCasper Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Thanks for clearly stating what people can post! Great to see you guys are open to fair use and all that, even while the game is unfinished :)
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Posts: 92Moderator
    We're very happy to have such an awesome community who are so excited to show Everspace off, whether it be in screenshots, videos, or streams. Thank you for the support!
  • nicholas.de.gnicholas.de.g Posts: 5Customer
    Thanks for the info. The game was very beautiful in the teaser videos, I am sure streams will bring more people in this game. Keep the good job !
  • ErwanErwan Posts: 1Member, Common Beta Backer
    Really ? Cool, I am waiting the beta to make some videos :blush:
  • SBKSBK Posts: 8Member
    Might post some videos on YouTube :) want to show off the universe you have created.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    They have a few on youtube atm

Can we post on things such as 9Gag?
  • FullmentalFullmental Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited March 2016
    SBK said:

I would imagine so, seeing as this is stated:

I am pleased to inform you that there will be no restriction on the sharing of media related to the alpha or beta.

SBK said:

I would imagine so, seeing as this is stated:

I know just wanted to clarify really :p I cant wait now hope its soon they release alpha!!!
  • MarcolaMarcola Posts: 3Member, Collector Beta Backer
    just got new computer to play this game on. i'll be thankful when the game gets here
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    Good to know, looking forward to making some videos! Any particular credit format or Disclaimer that you'll want displayed?
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Posts: 18Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    yet steam will not publish my screenshot because
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Posts: 18Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    i cant change from private to public either :(
  • madeuspawnmadeuspawn Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    What recording software works with the game? OBS turns everything red and noisy [only with this game]. Could this be an issue with my AMD card?
    @madeuspawn Interesting,do you have a screenshot or video of the recording issue?
  • madeuspawnmadeuspawn Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    edited May 2016
    @ROCKFISH_Snoop I've got it working now but don't know why it wasn't to begin with. I upgraded my RAM to 16GB and my recording drive to 4TB and decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 on my SDD to basically get rid of the junk I don't use. After doing all the Windows updates, reloading Steam, Everspace, and OBS, in that order though not back to back, everything worked fine. I also set OBS to use AMD VCE (their Shadowplay equivalent).
  • SpectalysSpectalys Posts: 79Member, Common Beta Backer
    I promise you the best video I can do on this game !
    My channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Spectalys
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    As mentioned previously, I stream everspace a lot. I'm currently on vacation but as soon as some logistical things are sorted I'll be streaming the beta!
    It won't be the most amazing quality (720p @30fps possibly without facecam) but it'll do it's job until I'm back from my vacation and at my main desktop again. Hopefully the dev's will also have some time to answer some viewer questions in chat too. :wink:

My channel:
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    edited July 2016
    I'm very excited to announce my streaming of Everspace soon, as well as weekly content videos, starting this Friday the 29th for the Beta release.

My schedule is VERY different than Shiuzan's since I'm in America, so I stream at 8:00 p.m. CST on Fridays. Be sure to watch him through the week, then come hang out with me to close things down! :smiley:

You can find more info about my schedule directly from my Youtube channel.
    Looking forward to checking out your streams pilots :smile:
  • andi9x17andi9x17 Posts: 15Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    edited July 2016
    If the BETA key comes out soon! this weekend before i go on vacation. I will stream here(of course after vacation too)!
    and export to here youtube
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    Just in case some don't know, to bring a larger audience to your streams when you are not partnered with twitch. You have to have the following video settings so everyone can join and watch.

You have to stream at 720p

30fps due to twitch restrictions

And preferably interact with chat as much as possible.

If you stream at 1080p not everyone will be able to watch and will annoy you in chat (I've had that many times) due to the lack of video options as a non partnered streamer.

I'll post in this thread when I will be streaming as some things have come between me and my original stream date for the beta.

Hope everyone has a great time playing the beta!
  • Lord DrowLord Drow Posts: 14Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    So folks know. I'm also a streamer and will be streaming this game intermixed with a few others for quite some time to come.

My stream is: www.twitch.tv/originallorddrow

Hope to see folks come visit. I'm getting prepped to start a stream right now.

Thanks!

LordDrow