New Device Module Suggestion.

lastSKYsamurailastSKYsamurai Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
edited August 2016 in COMMUNITY
First off I suppose there's always the possibility of this already being a blueprint just waiting to be unlocked. So apologies if that's indeed the case.

Basically what I'd love to see in-game is an upgradable Device that dampens small collisions with surfaces when moving at low speeds. Essentially tiny thrusters the ship would fire whenever the ship gets too close in contact with a surface/object.

A device like this would really help me out when I'm mining inside an asteroid or ransacking a derelict structure.

I've logged 12 hours in-game now & still have trouble taking damage inside structures, against my best efforts to avoid so. We aren't all natural flyers unfortunately.

If you're not totally adverse to the Idea please drop a comment in support If you would like to do so. That would be much appreciated. If you're not, please don't be too harsh.

Thanks girls/guys.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,009Moderator
    HI, the thruster-thing would be kinda hard to implement, I guess. We could maybe make a device that drastically reduces any collision-damage, though.
  • lastSKYsamurailastSKYsamurai Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I'd be down for it. I couldn't see it getting in the way with any game balance issues. If both objects are below cruise speed then it'd just be a little perk for players who wanted to use it. The only trade-off would be it taking up a slot in fact.

I appreciate the consideration. I hope some form of it makes it in : D