Inturruptable Energised Boost

MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 53
I swear, that thing has killed me as often as enemies.

Comments

• DeadEch0DeadEch0 Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 37
    edited August 2016
    I don't like that boost at all, there are simply not enough opportunities (+4km distance) where going that fast would make sense, it's a waste of a slot for me. The systems are rather small and your afterburner is more than enough to get everything done in time and you don't have the problem of overshooting.

You can't really use it as an ambush device either, as it depletes your shields. Not really a good idea to start a fight with your pants down, unless you want to waste some nanobots...

It's nice to have for your first few runs before you can upgrade your engine and power core, but later on, you might want to swap it for something else.

And yes, it can kill you. Worst thing that happend to me was trying to pull dark matter out of a black hole and then boost out. But at the very moment I hit the boost, my shield drone decided to get in front of me and I crahsed into it, getting bounced off and straight into the black hole... I couldn't decide if I should burst out in laughter or smash my keyboard into my monitor, and so I just sat there for a moment, frozen, starring at the screen, unwilling to accept what had just happend... I admit, it maybe wasn't the brightest moment in my life, but it was one of my first runs and I've learned several important lessons in just 2 seconds...
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Got a lot a perks that boost my speed, but I still love the Energized Boost. Great tool to explore faster and easily escape a tricky scenario or two.

Different playstyle, I guess.
  • krettkrett Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 26

I swear, that thing has killed me as often as enemies.

if i had to guess, i'd say that RFG has not yet implemented interruptions für devices at all. Because it's not only energized boost you can't stop, it's also the cloak, which is like Godmode right now, because it doesn't stop when you start to shoot.

So i assume they gonna implement an interruption for all devices when you hit 'R' a second time.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    krett said:

i assume they gonna implement an interruption for all devices when you hit 'R' a second time.

That is a GREAT suggestion!