More Ships ????

HiepHiep Posts: 2Common Beta Backer, Customer
edited August 2016 in GAMEPLAY
I'm a huge fan of GoF, and i really like this game too but will the playable ships only 3 ? in GoF we have a huge arsenal of ships. Also. it would be nice if big class ships like heavy cruiser or dreadnaught can be used ( so i can kill the **** alien warship ).

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited August 2016
    With the direction of the game and the lore surrounding it, it seems unreasonable to command any ship requiring more than one crew. The one-man fighters available in the game grant immediate mobility to explore and firepower for tactical strikes, whereas the exploration of the game would be impossible with a large ship and firepower would seem dull taking out little fighters along the way.

I do think the number of ships is pretty low, but considering the cost and scope of the game it's hard to argue against. That said, I've mentioned in several other threads that a great way to add diversity without creating new assets is to establish multiple ship layouts, like that of FTL, so each ship has a variety of starting options unique only to them.
  • Raptor95662Raptor95662 Posts: 21Customer

With the direction of the game and the lore surrounding it, it seems unreasonable to command any ship requiring more than one crew. The one-man fighters available in the game grant immediate mobility to explore and firepower for tactical strikes, whereas the exploration of the game would be impossible with a large ship and firepower would seem dull taking out little fighters along the way.

I do think the number of ships is pretty low, but considering the cost and scope of the game it's hard to argue against. That said, I've mentioned in several other threads that a great way to add diversity without creating new assets is to establish multiple ship layouts, like that of FTL, so each ship has a variety of starting options unique only to them.

With the current early access there is no way to save ship layouts. Lots of unknown till full game release.

I posted a would loved to have DLC thread for ships. I would like a more fighter looking options with the sacrifice to start being 1 less jump.

With the current early access there is no way to save ship layouts.

It's not about saving ship layouts, it's about having multiple loadout options to START with. Any desired builds in the game need to be built up to, not began with. Otherwise, it would be very easy to establish an overpowered build and easily wipe through the game.

I would like to see more loadout options in the game, though. With three ships means we'll have at least three unique ways to start a run, but I hope there will be more options for each ship for further customization.
  • selonianthselonianth Posts: 8Member
    While I can definitely see how capital ships are... unlikely to say the least (not to mention honestly probably exceedingly boring unless they had gameplay aimed specifically at them) more than just the three we have (and variants of them) would definitely be nice.
    edited February 2017
    The team [somewhat] recently spoke about Ship Loadouts, so the player will be able to choose how to customize the start of their run quite a bit more.

So, we'll have three starting points which can be customized to the player's delight. To top it off, these variations should be accessible in the next patch hitting sometime this month for both XBox and PC players.
  • OverDhillOverDhill Posts: 13Member
    Personally I would prefer to be able to play COOP so you and a buddy could play against the AI. Having a human wingman would make the game so much better.
    edited February 2017
    OverDhill said:

Personally I would prefer to be able to play COOP so you and a buddy could play against the AI. Having a human wingman would make the game so much better.

Because Everspace has been designed around a single player experience, implementing this kind of functionality would be a tremendous endeavor requiring more funding and time, creating a major setback to the current development cycle. Through this, a lot more playtesting would need to take place in order to balance resource collection and expenses, as well as many other gameplay mechanics that would need to be figured out (what happens if one player dies and the other keeps going, can resources be traded between players, etc). Not to mention, I'm sure the developers don't want to be working on the project considerably longer than anticipated, either.

A multiplayer experience of Everspace would have to be built from the ground up and take an entire development cycle to implement. If successful enough, we could see a multiplayer Everspace game as a future Rockfish project...but it is not this game.

Honestly, I'm glad the experience is made to be a single player. I think Rockfish Games has nailed down powerful core components that flow well for challenge runners and roguelike enthusiasts alike.

This is without mentioning there is still have a lot more content to come! <3
  • KiithKiith Posts: 22Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog

With the direction of the game and the lore surrounding it, it seems unreasonable to command any ship requiring more than one crew.

In his defense, all the EVE ships are piloted by one person according to the lore. Including the Titans which are the size of the Manhattan island in New York. Anything is possible in the fuuuutttuuurrreeee.