COOP idea

Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
Okay I know this wont happen for this game but maybe a squeal or mod. Now you could go the ordinary route of having two ships working together but i'd like something difference.

I'd love to have a two man fighter, similar to modern aircraft, where the pilot simply fly's and has extra abilities allowing for precision flying, like flying through tight spaces and such, while the copilot is all about shooting and defense abilities. With guns on a gimbal of sorts allows the copilot to aim and stuff, it would feel like a rails game but with effective communication with the pilot it could be an epic style, allowing each to focus on there own bit allowing for some exceptional flying and shooting experiences.

Comments

• d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 22
    I read everwhere on the forum that the devs are focussing on single player first. I would love to see coop in the game though. I agree with your idea about having a two man fighter. (coupled with certain items, it could be a blast) It reminds me of this:

TotalBiscuit and Genna playing a coop game
  • WeatherstationWeatherstation Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 43
    I would also love to have a coop (there are way to less games with a coop), even if you "only" have 2 singleplayer-ships in the same world :)
  • WeatherstationWeatherstation Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 43
    And if the game is moddable, maybe the community could built a coop like in skyrim or fallout ...
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    Well they said there not even thinking of Modding at this point but I hope its possible either way as a coop mod would be epic. Either way an Everspace 2 is something I'd be okay with waiting for especially if it comes with coop
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    Hey, they aren't even in alpha for the first one, let's not get ahead of ourselves ;)
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73

Hey, they aren't even in alpha for the first one, let's not get ahead of ourselves ;)

you say that but those in charge of story lines and game dev documents are probably thinking ahead and writing notes on what to do for future releases with new ideas and lessons learned. of course they not working on it. still its something i'd like to see either in sequel or mods/dlc
  • SarikSarik Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Warrior Posts: 5
    Freelancer multiplayer was (I think) epic, I had a server running for months (maybe even over a year) that my mates would logon to as and when, was a brilliant way to have a personal 'single' universe to play in with your mates.

I hope Everspace will be great, I was so excited about Elite and then so disappointed with how complicated Elite turned out to be, it lost it's sole in the re-boot and isn't a game you can pick up and play as and when, you need to mark out some serious time for it.

There is a lot of talk from the devs about how freelancer-like Everspace will be, but I don't think it's comparable to Freelancer if it doesn't have multiplayer support of some description....???
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    Man I would just be so -BEEP- happy if this did eventually coop, there needs to be more roguelike coop games.