Interceptors are too frequent

Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 79Customer, Collector Beta Backer
Every time I destoryed a pirate base interceptors start popping up. Or does it have to do with the plot that pirates and aliens are connected even if they fight each other.
By the way has anyone acquired a thermo gun blueprint?

Comments

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 22Common Beta Backer
    you just take too long :D
    they pop up after a certain amount of time and if you manage to kill them, their battleships will pop up a bit later and you will probably die ^^
  • SkunkitoSkunkito Posts: 9Member
    I have to agree with this, if you don't have a scanner you have to spend a bit more time searching around. And it's fun, to have to jump so quickly leaves you feeling rather frustrated especially as you then end up in a more dangerous system with less resources.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Skunkito said:

to have to jump so quickly leaves you feeling rather frustrated especially as you then end up in a more dangerous system with less resources.

The purpose of the Interceptors is to challenge the player with time management. Without any incentive to move forward, it would technically be possible for the player to sit and wait in ANY location, slowing down the whole of the experience that is meant to be fast-paced.

Sometimes those pesky Interceptors are on us sooner than we'd like, but that's the nature of the beast. We either have to deal with them or hope for the best by jumping. There should always be a feeling of tension, and I think Everspace achieves this nicely.
  • SkunkitoSkunkito Posts: 9Member
    I agree, but they are just a little too soon and a little too deadly, it's impossible to outrun them in the early stages. Perhaps a longer countdown would at least give you time to tempt yourself into getting that last container? I dunno, I would just like a little more time to explore and maybe have a few more things to find....
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 121Member
    I think we should have a timer that tell us how long we have been wandering around so we can prepare for an imminent departure. I fought a few times with the interceptors, they are indeed thougher than the usual npcs and not unbeatable once you have geared up. The problem is new ones will comes and stronger enemies will eventually show up.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    In truth, I think a timer would defeat the point. It's meant to feel like an ever-encroaching danger looms; having a timer removes that feeling and turns it into numbers, removing a bit of the tension created by the unknown.
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 121Member

In truth, I think a timer would defeat the point. It's meant to feel like an ever-encroaching danger looms; having a timer removes that feeling and turns it into numbers, removing a bit of the tension created by the unknown.

Depend, if it's a countdown, yeah it defeat the point. If it just count how long you have been there, it help us know if it's worth it to stay around longer. I'm generally efficient with my time and rarely see the interceptors before i'm done, but that could help when i have been fighting for a bit too long and should give it up.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 36Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I agree with what people are saying here, I like the 'tension' a timer would just take that away, not to mention add clutter to the hud which hides more of the beautifully scenery. Time ways I more or often finish in an area before they arrive. The odd times are when I am messing about or an area has lots too do an I have to prioritise. Once though I decided to find out 'why' I had to run!! I had upgraded lots and felt I was pretty hard core. The interceptors arrived and sure they where tough but I took them on!! I shouted "bring it on" then IT arrived, I bearly took a glance before I was vaporised with one shot.....yea....I'm not hanging around no more!!!
  • NavyAICSNavyAICS Posts: 7Member
    Now that I have a better understanding of this game, I like the "tension" factor. I don't like the timer idea either as @Barry said, "add clutter to the hud". I think in the beginning sectors, at least for new players, allowing more time to explore and gain resources, blueprints, and easier enemies to defeat would provide an opportunity to build your ship for those later, and much more difficult, sectors.
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    I've found them pretty balanced. As you get more runs in you start noticing structures and familiar things in space where you'll have a better idea of what resources you'll get and can move through a sector more quickly. Definitely adds tension and is very fun when you can get them to fight G&B. Also a good indicator for if you want to wait around for capital ships