Feedback Report

BB_CoolcatBB_Coolcat Common Beta Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 33
edited July 2016 in Suggestions (read only)
Steam recorded 3h playtime, time for some feedback :) I had GREAT fun so far! Encountering a black hole for the first time was awesome. I was boosting as normal.....wait....why am I flying to fast....o.O this is NOT a background object....I barely made it out alive B)

Everspace Build: 0.1.1.28051
Windows 10 Pro, i7-4770K, 16 GB RAM, GTX980 with 4GB,
Samsung S34E790C Monitor (34" curved, 21:9 UltraWide: 3440x1440)
SSD for OS only. Game installed on conventional harddrive.

Issues are flagged with severity so the devs have a better grasp how important things are for me :)
Quick intro for those not familiar with software development: The order is [Blocker], [Critical], [Major], [Minor], [NiceToHave]. Blocking means that the issue is so severe that the software can't be released without this issue being addressed, while a NiceToHave issue is something that can be addressed when some team member has spare time, e.g. because he is waiting for someone else to finish something.

- [Major] 21:9 UltraWide working, but not done correctly. See UltraWide thread.
- [Blocker] Massive Framedrops / Lag in close combat, reported in bug report section
- [NiceToHave] I would be nice to have some kind of self-destruct so I keep my credits/blueprints/etc. when I suddenly have to quit playing for some reason. I would expect this an additional option when using the "return to main menu" and it would work just like a normal death.
- [Minor] I associate red menu buttons in hangar or sector screen with "disabled" or "causing damage", although they aren't....
- [Major] Use different colors for neutral and terran ships/containers/stations/etc. The thing is terrans will shoot back when I steal their stuff, while nobody cares about neutral stuff.
- [Major] Space stations should have a colored marker like freighters or traders. Currently you can only guess who owns a space station and who will be agonized when I destroy some fuel cells, etc. Abandoned stations should use the neutral color (see last point)
- [Critical] I mostly played with Mouse/Keyboard, but I also tried gamepad (XBox One Controller). Gamepad support needs better auto-aim. Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm not hitting anything :D Maybe make it adjustable?
- [Minor] I had the issue that when Alt-Tabbing to Windows and back to the game, the resolution switched from 2560x1440 back to the native monitor resolution 3440x1440. The options menu still display that as 2560x1440. Might be because I started Fraps while the game was running to take a screenshot. However, I could not repro this later, so I'm not 100% sure what I did before that happened.
- [Minor] Maybe I just did not encounter them, but hollow asteroids could also contain other mineable resources (ore, fuel, ...), not just crystals?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Thanks for your feedback, we'll see what we can do!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    There are some great points here.

I'd like to put further emphasis on some type of "save current state of the game" or "self destruct" feature when exiting on a whim, in addition to making Faction ownership of space stations more discernible.

Last but not least, I'd really like to see the ellipsoid radar make a little clearer recognition between Terrans, neutrals and the like as well, similar to the above suggestions, using color and size to the advantage.
  • TraxTrax Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 3
    Yes. Some kind of saving or stopping the game would be really nice. Right now I only launch if I'm sure I can spare 70 min. which is just too much especially for a single player game.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Zedler said:

Right now I only launch if I'm sure I can spare 70 min. which is just too much especially for a single player game.

I've somewhat fallen into this mentality as well. Thankfully exiting at any beacon will save all progress up to that beacon, but it's exploitable. (You can get into a rut and then simply exit to start the beacon over again.) Not sure what to recommend to fix this other than referencing FTL's save-and-exit feature.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    edited August 2016
    Zedler said:

Yes. Some kind of saving or stopping the game would be really nice. Right now I only launch if I'm sure I can spare 70 min. which is just too much especially for a single player game.

@Zedler Oh, you actually can! Progress is saved any time you enter a new location. So you can just quit the game and it will resume from the point where you entered it.