General Tutorials

JarminxJarminx Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 12
I'm sure this will come at a later time, but I think the game would benefit from some general tutorials.. Do like a training option that takes you through everything. Even if it's just basic flight controls.. Having to look through keybinds to figure out how to play a game isn't really something that is all that appealing.. And of course, for a side suggestion, as I'm sure it'll come later, I'd suggest a way for Joystick Support :)

Comments

• BB_CoolcatBB_Coolcat Common Beta Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 33
    Uhm, I had an intro into flight controls and combat when I started the game?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Strange, did you not have to go through a tutorial?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2016
    Something to point out: I had the base tutorial when I first booted up the game, but after experimenting with the R-boost and smashing into an asteroid, I was surprised to not start right back into one. Instead, my next playthrough thrusted me into the game without letting me complete the tutorial.

Perhaps the Tutorial should be accessible from the Options Menu, from a little check box? This way, if we were having a brother or a wife try out the game, they could test the much-more-forgiving opening. (Perks and whatnot would have little effect on the Tutorial so I don't think extra work would need to go in to deactivate them.)